The Academy Origin 18” is an awesome entry level BMX bike that comes at an affordable price for the smaller rider. The Origin 18” will help riders get started at the skate park, local jumps, or even ride to school. Built with a hi-ten steel frame, this tough and durable BMX bike is built to last and stand up to the abuse that the kids can dish out. Designed with a geometry that suits entry-level riders, the rider will have complete control and comfort when they ride.
This Kids BMX bike rolls on 2.125” tyres and alloy rims for easy speed and the perfect balance between speed and grip. The Origin also features a 36 hole rear free-coaster hub, ensuring the best and most reliable performance you will find at this price point. The Academy Origin 18” is a fantastic first BMX bike for the entry level rider who is keen to get into riding street, park, or trail and learn what BMX is all about.
- Frame: Academy Origin 18” 18.0”TT Hi-Ten, 12.25” rear, 75.0º HA, 71º ST, USA BB, External Headset.
- Forks: Academy BMX Origin 18” Hi-Ten tapered legs.
- Handlebars: Academy 7.5” rise 25” wide Hi-Ten.
- Grips: Academy.
- Headset: 1-1/8” External.
- Stem: Academy Pro Alloy Top Load.
- Brakes (rear): 990 style with clear pads.
- Brake lever (right): Alloy.
- Cables: Slick (rear).
- Sprocket: Academy 25T.
- Crankset: Academy 1pce CrMo 152mm.
- Bottom Bracket: USA loose ball.
- Chain: KMC.
- Pedals: Academy Plastic.
- Rims: Alloy Single Wall 36h.
- Front Tyre: 18” x 2.125”.
- Rear Tyre: 18” x 2.125”.
- Spokes: Black steel.
- Front Hub: Academy alloy, loose ball bearing, 10mm axle.
- Rear Hub: Academy alloy Sealed bearing cassette, 10mm axle with 9t driver.
- Seat: Academy Railed.
- Seatpost: Steel.
- Weight: 10.5 kgs
- Colour: Gloss Black.